Sherman Kiwanis Pancake Day is Thursday, April 17, which is a major fundraiser for the Club. It's gonna be an awesome one!
The Club directly supports these SHERMAN ISD causes:
- SHS Key Club (through financial support and resources the Club needs to support their projects)
- Sherman Education Foundation (Circle of Success sponsorships; several Board members)
- SHS Pride-a-palooza (this year, through Partners in Education, we’re donating $500 worth of gift cards for SHS to raffle off for the students as rewards at the event)
- SHS scholarships – give anywhere between $1K-$2K in scholarships every year to SHS graduates
- SHS Students of the Month – each month, we work with Michelle Burton (thank you Michelle!) to award a student of the month; we recognize them and their families during a weekly meeting by inviting them to lunch, introducing the student and his/her family; and putting their picture in the newspaper
- Donates anywhere between 30-40 backpacks and sets of school supplies to local families through local agencies
- Provides Christmas gifts to about 25 children every year through local agencies
Kiwanis directly supports the following local children’s charities in addition to Sherman ISD:
- Child and Family Guidance Center of Texoma
- Boys and Girls Club of Sherman
- Children’s Advocacy Center
- Child Protective Services
- Crisis Center
I’m selling tickets to our Pancake Day fundraiser, and we’re trying to spread the word to groups/individuals that the Kiwanis Club supports with the hope that people will buy some tickets and come eat a good, cheap meal for a good cause.
All-you-can-eat pancakes, sausage, orange juice and coffee will be served from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. in the Life Center at First United Methodist Church in Sherman (entrance on Mulberry Street across from City Hall).
****TICKETS: $4 per person in advance or $5 at the door.****
ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT SHERMAN YOUTH AND THE CAUSES LISTED ABOVE! And where else can you eat a meal for only $4?
Would you like to buy some tickets??? Just reply to this email or call/text me at 903-819-6486 and let me know how many. I will deliver them to you so you don’t have to worry about picking them up.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!